National Firearms Call Centre
+27 12 353 6111
Police Emergency Nr
Crime Prevention : Safety Tips
At your office
- Keep your purse, wallet, keys, cellphone or other
valuable items with you at all times or lock them in a
drawer or closet.
- Always let someone know where you will be - whether it
is coming in late, working late, going to the photocopier or
mail room. Going out to lunch or a meeting.
- If you bring personal items such as a coffee, pot, radio
or calculator to work, mark them with your name or initials
and an identification number and lock your office whenever
you leave it.
- Report any broken or flickering lights, dimly lit
corridors, door that do not lock properly, or broken
windows. Do not wait for someone else to do it.
- Be discreet. Do not advertise your social life or
vacation plans or those of your colleagues to people
visiting or calling your place of work.
- Check the identity of any strangers who are at your
offices - ask whom they are visiting and if you can help
them find that person. If this makes your uncomfortable,
inform security or management about your suspicions.
back to top