National Firearms Call Centre
+27 12 353 6111
Police Emergency Nr
Crime Prevention : Safety Tips
On the Road
- Practise the same prevention skills you do in parking lots
or garages at home.
- Become familiar with your route before you start the trip.
Get a map of the route and study it.
- Make sure your rental car is in a good working order.
Learn how all the windows, door locks and other equipment work
before you leave the lot. Keep your maps and rental agreement
concealed, not lying on the seat or the dashboard where they
can be seen by others.
- Keep car doors locked while you are driving.
- Store luggage in the carís boot (trunk) where it is out of
- If your car is bumped by another car, think before you get
out. If you are in doubt or feel uncomfortable, signal to the
other driver to follow you to a nearby police station or a
busy, well-lighted area where it is safe to get out.
back to top