National Firearms Call Centre
+27 12 353 6111
Police Emergency Nr
Crime Prevention : Safety Tips
Safe on the Street
- Whenever possible, do not walk alone.
- Never walk in deserted or dark areas.
- When going out, leave all your valuables at home.
- Never carry more money than you need.
- Carry your bag close to your body.
- Keep your change in your purse or wallet, and credit cards
and notes in an inside pocket - never in the back pocket of
- Donít be fooled by tricksters or strangers offering you
the chance of making extra money.
- If you are robbed in the street, be co-operative and calm.
- When using an elevator, always examine who is inside
before entering. Always stand close to the panel and press the
alarm button if anything seems suspicious.
- Criminals know when pensions are due. Rather arrange for
your pension to be directly deposited into your bank or
building society account.
- Ask for help if you are in danger and always wait for the
help to arrive.
- Keep a list of emergency numbers close so that you have
them available in case of emergency.
- Be alert at all times, a criminal might be lurking around
back to top