The 16th Interpol Symposium for Heads of
Training was held in South Africa in March 2007 and
co-hosted by the South
African Police Service.
The main Theme of the Symposium was- "Building
an International Learning Community for Policing".
The Theme has been divided into five (5)
- Initiatives to improve international co-operation in
police training in order to assist those countries with
- Use of e-learning and multi-media in police training,
and examples of best practices;
- Transformation of monitoring missions in new
democracies, post war, and developing countries;
- Effective service delivery through management training
within the Police service;
- Improvement of service delivery through quality police