Invited to join the SAPS
Donate dogs to the South African Police Service
Border collies, German shepherds, cocker spaniels, Labradors,
Belgian shepherds, bloodhounds, Rottweilers and boxers that are
- between nine months and three years old;
- not cross-bred;
- full of confidence and not scared of people; and
- able to walk on a leash.
They will be used as patrol, narcotic, explosive, tracker,
protected species, sheep, fire detection, and search and rescue
How to donate
Call the call center.
An appointment will be made to test the dog at the donor's home.
If the dog is suitable, a contract will be signed.
The dog will be -
- taken to SAPS veterinary services;
- examined, inoculated and tagged with a microchip;
- quarantined for 21 days;
- socialized and subjected to a pre-training programme;
- tested for suitability by a panel of experts; and
- trained and deployed operationally.
Unsuitable dogs will be donated to the NSPCA.
Call Center (012) 808 8644
Weekdays 08:00 - 15:00
SAPS Dog School, Roodeplaat