saps banner
2023/08/29      |  Written By:  Colonel M Ledwaba   |   Province:  Limpopo

POLOKWANE: 25 August 2023 -The Provincial Commissioner of South African Police Service in LImpopo Lieutenant General Thembi Hadebe hailed the remarkable progress made by a team of Investigators of a brutal killing of a member of Operations Dudula 2022, as the accused appear in Court.

The accused appeared in Nebo magistrate court on seperate dates. Doctor Anthony Ramaube(22) appeared in court on a charge of murder on the 23rd August 2023 and was remanded in custody. The second accused Oupa Jacob Shai(37) appeared before the same court on 24th August 2023 for murder and was also remanded in custody. The third accused, Nteke Kgotatso Mohlaba (30) appeared in court on the 14 June 2023 on charges of murder, robbery, possession of unlicensed firearm and ammunition, and was also remanded in custody . The trio will appear again in the same court on Monday, 28th August 2023 for bail application in respect of Shai and Ramaube.

The accused were amongst a group of suspects that allegedly, attacked members of Operation Dudula Movement who were in a bus. The bus was damaged and one person shot dead at the RDP Section in Jane Furse, on Saturday 01 October 2022 at around 08h00.

The victims were visiting Jane Furse RDP sports ground from Gauteng Province to launch their Movement and to hand over their memorandum to the local Police when their bus was allegedly attacked with stones and damaged by a group of unknown people. The bus stopped and some passengers alighted from the bus and ran after the attackers and one of the attackers shot one of the passangers and killed him instantly. The suspects were arrested in different occasions while the others are still at large.

Anyone with information that can lead to the arrest of the remaining suspects should contact the Investigating officer Constable Tebogo Mulaudzi of Provincial Murder and Robbery unit on 066 386 2978 or crime stop number 08600 10111 or the nearest Police Station or MySAPSApp.

Police investigations are continuing.